- Areas of Service
South Seas Island Resort Dune Creation Captiva Island, Lee County, Florida
Client Name: South Seas Island Resort
Project Location: Captiva Island – LeeCounty
Project Scope: The original access channel from theIntracoastal Waterway to the resort was dredged in an alignment that required ongoing maintenance dredging. A permit was issued that allowed the dredged material, which was clean sand and shell, to be used for placement in a Gulf side dune configuration. Hans Wilson & Assoc. Inc. was responsible for the design, permitting, plans, specifications, and construction observation associated with the maintenance dredge of 1250 cy of the existing access channel, transport across the resort, and placement along the Gulf beach. The excavated material was placed on the upland beach seaward of the Coastal Construction Control Line, creating a 900’ dune with native plantings. Funding for the dune creation was shared with the local Tourist Development Council, with South Seas Resort assuming the cost for the dredging and the TDC paying for the dune restoration and plantings.
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Don’t Miss the 41st Annual Fort Myers Boat Show ~ November 14-17, 2013
- Great News ~ Hans Wilson has been appointed to Florida’s Boating Advisory Council
- SWFMIA 2013 Annual Dinner
- Catch up on Andros Gold aka Dwight’s West Side Story
- Don’t miss parts 2 and 3 of Andros Gold – Dwight’s West Side Story
- Go Boating Florida ~ Andros Gold Blog
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM