- Areas of Service
Redfish Pass Channel Relocation & Dredging – Captiva Island Florida
Client Name: Lee County Board of Commissioners
Project Location: Captiva Island, FL
Project Scope: This project involved creating a floating dock system for temporary mooring, a canoe launch area, observation pier, and boardwalks. Work included mapping the existing oxbow and surrounding wetland areas to make a connecting loop between the shoreline trail and one of the interior trails. The plan involved constructing an observation deck adjacent to the oxbow for passive observation and fishing. From the base access to the observation pier, the boardwalk continued west around the oxbow, alternating from improved pedestrian trails on uplands, to low level boardwalks with toe rail only crossing wetlands, to boardwalk sections with handrails where tidal creeks and ditches existed. The alignment of the boardwalk was responsive to existing conditions and every effort was made to avoid mature native plant species.
The main dock for access to the park is floating concrete, selected based on the ability to resist some of the incoming wave energy from boats traveling the Intracoastal Waterway. The L shape of the dock is intended to allow for parallel mooring on both sides, while still providing some wave protection to the canoe launching area.
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Don’t Miss the 41st Annual Fort Myers Boat Show ~ November 14-17, 2013
- Great News ~ Hans Wilson has been appointed to Florida’s Boating Advisory Council
- SWFMIA 2013 Annual Dinner
- Catch up on Andros Gold aka Dwight’s West Side Story
- Don’t miss parts 2 and 3 of Andros Gold – Dwight’s West Side Story
- Go Boating Florida ~ Andros Gold Blog
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM