- Areas of Service
McGregor Isles MSBU Canal Maintenance Dredging – Fort Myers, Florida
Client Name: Lee County Public Resources
Project Location: Fort Myers, FL
Project Scope: The project consisted of maintenance dredging the manmade canals located within McGregor Isles Units 1, 2, 3, and 4, the main
entrance channel, and creating an extension of the shore parallel channel. Approximately 21,300 cubic yards of material was removed from the system. HWA was responsible for the planning, permitting, construction plans, bid specifications and construction observation services, including post construction bathymetric surveys. The work included management of vessel traffic, turbidity control, and monitoring of the dredged material handling site located in the canal system. The site was a single family residential parcel still vacant and used to transfer the dredged material from the transport barge to the upland for draining before it was trucked off site. The dredged material was used on a public road project, waiving the requirement to pay the state $2.25 per cubic yard in severance fees.
HWA was responsible for:
- ERP permitting,
- construction plans,
- bid specifications,
- construction observation services, and
- post construction bathymetric surveys
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Go Boating Florida ~ Andros Gold Blog
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM
- White Mangroves
- Black Mangroves
- Red Mangroves
- Florida Mangroves and Trimming
- Marina Feasibility Studies and Marina Due Diligence