- Areas of Service
A key piece to the success of most waterfront projects is a well documented and accurate hydrographic survey. Hydrographic surveys are broken down into two areas. The first is called a bathymetric (depth) survey where we map the water depth in a project area. The second is called a flushing survey were the movement of the water in a project area is determined both empirically (actual field measurements) and numerically (computer model). In some cases both sets of data are collected to properly assess a project site for waterfront development.
HWA provides the following Hydrographic Surveying Services:
- McGregor Isles MSBU Canal Maintenance Dredging – Fort Myers, Florida Client Name: Lee County Public Resources Project Location: Fort Myers, FL Project Scope: The project consisted of maintenance dredging the manmade canals located within McGregor Isles Units 1, 2, 3, and 4, the main entrance channel, and creating an extension of the shore parallel channel. Approximately 21,300 cubic yards of material was removed from the
- Redfish Pass Channel Relocation & Dredging – Captiva Island Florida Client Name: Lee County Board of Commissioners Project Location: Captiva Island, FL Project Scope: This project involved creating a floating dock system for temporary mooring, a canoe launch area, observation pier, and boardwalks. Work included mapping the existing oxbow and surrounding wetland areas to make a connecting loop between the shoreline trail and one of the…
- Laguna Shores Channel Dredging Fort Myers Beach, Florida Client Name: Town of Fort Myers Beach Project Location: Big Carlos Pass, Lee County, FL Project Scope: The project is located in the Estero Bay Aquatic Preserve and consisted of the mechanical excavation of 4,500 cubic yards of material to establish permanent access to the waterfront subdivision. HWA was responsible for resource assessment, planning, permitting, construction…
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM
- White Mangroves
- Black Mangroves
- Red Mangroves
- Florida Mangroves and Trimming
- Marina Feasibility Studies and Marina Due Diligence
- Vertical Datums