- Areas of Service
HWA is focused on working along the waterfront and whether your project is located on the open coast, inland waterway, or lake we have been successful working with Federal, State, Regional, and Local agencies. HWA continues to nurture our working relationship with each regulatory agencies which has been a key to HWA’s success. Our working relationships allow us to understand the rules and regulations and obtain quick answers to ensure an efficient design and permitting of our projects.
HWA provides the following Environmental Permitting Services:
- Pedestrian-Vehicle Bridge, Depot Island Park, Bonita Springs, Florida Client Name: City of Bonita Springs Project Location: Imperial River - Bonita Springs - Lee County - Florida Project Scope: This phased project started with the redevelopment of a historical fish camp into a public park (Depot Park). The second phase involved the construction of a pedestrian bridge with light vehicle capabilities that connects two public…
- McGregor Isles MSBU Canal Maintenance Dredging – Fort Myers, Florida Client Name: Lee County Public Resources Project Location: Fort Myers, FL Project Scope: The project consisted of maintenance dredging the manmade canals located within McGregor Isles Units 1, 2, 3, and 4, the main entrance channel, and creating an extension of the shore parallel channel. Approximately 21,300 cubic yards of material was removed from the
- Redfish Pass Channel Relocation & Dredging – Captiva Island Florida Client Name: Lee County Board of Commissioners Project Location: Captiva Island, FL Project Scope: This project involved creating a floating dock system for temporary mooring, a canoe launch area, observation pier, and boardwalks. Work included mapping the existing oxbow and surrounding wetland areas to make a connecting loop between the shoreline trail and one of the…
- Coastal House Relocation, North Captiva, Florida Client Name: Private Residence Project Location: North Captiva Island, Lee County Project Scope: This project involvedresearching various options to protect an existing waterfront residence from shoreline fluctuations due to erosion. These options included large scale beach restoration; individual groin structures to control the location and rate of erosion; and relocation of the house to an…
- Residential CCCL Permit, North Captiva Island, Florida Client Name: Private Residence Project Location: Captiva Island, Lee County Project Scope: This project involved obtaining the Coastal Construction Control Line (CCCL) permit from the State Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), as well as the local determination of comprehensive plan compliance, setback, and zoning consistency from Lee County for the single-family dwelling located North Captiva…
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM
- White Mangroves
- Black Mangroves
- Red Mangroves
- Florida Mangroves and Trimming
- Marina Feasibility Studies and Marina Due Diligence
- Vertical Datums