- Areas of Service
Environmental Analysis and Design
Projects involving activities in the natural project typically include some form of environmental impact. These projects typically require environmental assessments, wildlife mapping and monitoring, and mitigation planning. The vast majority of environmental projects managed by HWA involve saltwater wetlands. This includes mapping seagrasses and benthic habitat associated with docking facilities, dredging projects, and renovation of existing waterfront facilities. Other projects include determining cause and effect impacts on resources, such as the Clam Bayou and Blind Pass Ecozone study. Important to determining long term impacts is the observation of potential marina facilities for utilization by manatees. Most projects involve assessing the impact of a manmade structure or system, and balancing the impact by restoring wetlands, creating additional wetlands, or enhancing existing habitats.
HWA provides the following Environmetnal Services:
- Seagrass Survey (Submerged Aquatic Vegetation)
- Wetland Delineation/Survey
- Environmental Mitigation Design
- Caloosahatchee Creek Preserve, North Fort Myers, Florida Client Name: Lee County Project Location: North Fort Myers, Lee County, Florida Project Scope: This project involved the planning, design, habitat mapping, permitting, and construction observation of two passive use recreation facilities in North Fort Myers. Both the East Park and West Park include self contained composting toilets facilities, asphalt parking areas, roofed picnic shelters, several…
- Dinkins Bayou Flushing Study Sanibel Island, Florida Client Name: Bayous Preservation Association Project Location: Dinkins Bayou, Wulfert Channel, Sanibel Island, Lee County, Florida Project Scope: Hans Wilson & Assoc. Inc. was hired by the Association to conduct a pre and post construction hydrographic (flushing) study of Dinkins Bayou. Based on a previous study conducted by HWA forLeeCounty/CEPD/City of Sanibel regarding the impacts of the…
- Port Sanibel Marina, Fort Myers, Florida Client Name: Roberts Development & Adventures in Paradise Project Location: Punta Rassa Cove - Fort Myers - Lee County Project Scope: This project involved the planning, design, permitting, plans, and specifications for a 2,285 linear foot boardwalk with associated terminal platforms, improved trails, a pedestrian bridge (64’ long) dune walkovers (1750’) and observation decks. The proposed…
- Caloosahatchee Regional Park Environmental Services – Ft. Myers, Lee County Florida Client Name: Lee County Project Location: Alva, FL Project Scope: This project involved creating a floating dock system for temporary mooring, a canoe launch area, observation pier, and boardwalks. Work included mapping the existing oxbow and surrounding wetland areas to make a connecting loop between the shoreline trail and one of the interior trails.…
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Don’t Miss the 41st Annual Fort Myers Boat Show ~ November 14-17, 2013
- Great News ~ Hans Wilson has been appointed to Florida’s Boating Advisory Council
- SWFMIA 2013 Annual Dinner
- Catch up on Andros Gold aka Dwight’s West Side Story
- Don’t miss parts 2 and 3 of Andros Gold – Dwight’s West Side Story
- Go Boating Florida ~ Andros Gold Blog
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM