- Areas of Service
Dinkins Bayou Flushing Study Sanibel Island, Florida
Client Name: Bayous Preservation Association
Project Location: Dinkins Bayou, Wulfert Channel, Sanibel Island, Lee County, Florida
Project Scope: Hans Wilson & Assoc. Inc. was hired by the Association to conduct a pre and post construction hydrographic (flushing) study of Dinkins Bayou. Based on a previous study conducted by HWA forLeeCounty/CEPD/City of Sanibel regarding the impacts of the impoundment of Clam Bayou, the City ofSanibel installed a flushing culvert connecting with Dinkins Bayou and eventuallyBlindPass.BlindPass, which separates Captiva from Sanibel, was been closed for a number of years and opened in 2009. The flushing study was completed to assess conditions in Dinkins Bayou both before Blind Pass was opened and after.
The survey consisted of installing Water Level Recorders at various locations within the mile long water body, measuring tidal velocities along the length of the waterway, and recording current velocities in the open culvert between Dinkins and Clam Bayou. Data was coordinated with predicted tides to duplicate as closely as possible conditions between the two sets of data. A comprehensive depth survey of the water body was also completed to document any significant changes in the bottom profile as a function of opening Clam Bayou.
"To provide quality, cost effective consulting and engineering design services, balancing the impact of human development in the marine environment."
Hans Wilson & Associates, Inc.
1938 Hill Ave.
Ft. Myers, FL 33901
Phone (239) 334-6870
Fax (239) 334-7810
- Don’t Miss the 41st Annual Fort Myers Boat Show ~ November 14-17, 2013
- Great News ~ Hans Wilson has been appointed to Florida’s Boating Advisory Council
- SWFMIA 2013 Annual Dinner
- Catch up on Andros Gold aka Dwight’s West Side Story
- Don’t miss parts 2 and 3 of Andros Gold – Dwight’s West Side Story
- Go Boating Florida ~ Andros Gold Blog
- Water Reuse Week, May 19-25
- Southwest Florida Marine Industries Association ~ Welcome To The Water
- DEP NEWS~March 2013 Seagrass Awareness Month
- Hans Wilson Interview ~ Ask An Expert ~ WINK 1200 AM